These are the FAQs which helps you answer common questions asked by the customers about a variety of things
What payment methods are available?
Payment can be made by:
• Credit card: VISA & Mastercard
• Debit card: VISA & Mastercard (must be 3D Secure enabled)
For more information on what is required to process a payment, please proceed to checkout, select your required option and follow the instructions.
Payment options shown in checkout are subject to availability depending on your cart value, items and delivery location.
Where is my order? How can I track the status of my order?
An email will be sent to you whenever the status of your order changes.
Your order can also be tracked by using the tracking number emailed to you.
How do I log a return?
1. Log into your Mandatory account and click Log a return
2. Enter your order number for the item(s) you want to return on the returns page.
3. Select the items you want to return and then click Proceed
4. For each item, select whether you want a refund or exchange it for a different product
5. If requesting a refund, choose your refund method:
• Where possible we will refund the original payment method.
• In the instance of SnapScan, we can refund the amount into your back account.
• If you are requesting a refund to your bank account, complete the banking details form. Please ensure that your details are correct. If the refund fails it will be transferred to your wallet.
6. If you are requesting an exchange, choose the product you want your item exchanged for.
7. Choose your reason for wanting to return the item – we use this information to ensure we provide the best products and service to you.
8. Submit your return and accept the returns policy – if you are unsure please click here to read it
9. For the items being exchanged, drop off isn’t available. A courier will be arranged by us or TakeALot to collect your return and deliver your exchange.
10. Submit your return and enjoy some more shopping.
Can I return any item?
You can return an unwanted product to us provided:
1. It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
2. It is in its original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable);
3. It is not missing any accessories or parts; and
4. The return is logged onto the Mandatory or Takealot website within 30 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product.
What are my refund options?
Where possible, we will refund you to your original method of payment, as per below details.Credit Card or Debit Card
Refunds for orders paid with Credit or Debit Card will be made back to the card used for the order.
What is the status of my refund?
Refunds for returns will be processed once the returned item has been received and inspected by our team. It can take up to 3 to 5 working days from collection to receive and inspect at our office. Once the item is inspected it takes up to 5 working days for the refund to reflect in your account.
When will I be refunded?
Once we have received the returned product at our office, your refund will be processed within 2 working days. Please allow up to 5 working days for the refund to reflect in your bank account.
How do exchanges work?
Products can be exchanged for a product at the same price as the product you originally purchased. Unfortunately, you can’t exchange your original product for a different product.If the product you would like is not immediately available, please send us an email to check availability.
If the product is sold out and if you would like to find out when and if we will get more product that is sold out, please send us an email to find out.That being said, we can’t promise that the product will be available in the future.
What are your hours of operation?
The office will be open weekdays from 08:00 to 17:00.
Closed on Public Holidays
*Please note: Operating hours may vary and are subject to change.
Contact Us Anytime
Didn’t find what you are looking for?
Please ask you question below and we will email you back.